A whole new set of essential set of UI components have been released by Forum Nokia for Flash Lite developers. The set includes Button component, the List, the Scrollbar, Pop-up component, Media data component and Contacts component. The components can be used to develop applications to devices supporting Flash Lite 2.0 (and above). The developing environment requirements are Flash CS3 or CS4. Get them here.
Along with this, to encourage and help developers to build their own customized components, Forum Nokia has also come up with a Guide to build the new components.
Best of the news comes as Forum Nokia released Flash Lite Library v1.4 that has the following improvements compared to its previous version.
- Added section Software Update for S60. This section introduces the Software Update for S60 feature and discusses Flash Lite application development for devices that support the feature.
- Added section ActionScript Device object. This section describes the Device API and related methods. The Device API allows Flash Lite applications to access device features and to retrieve and modify system properties.
- Added instructions for resuming applications in the background when their ongoing asynchronous Service API calls return data.
- Added authoring tips for detecting the Flash Lite version on a device and playing screen savers on Series 40 Nokia devices.
- Updated sections Flash Lite versions, Flash Lite security, and Media playback with information about Flash Lite 3.1.
- Updated section Flash Lite design considerations with information about creating a dynamic layout for different screen orientations.
- Updated section Flash Lite examples with one Service API and two Device API example applications for Flash Lite 3.1.
The second feature listed is boon to developers. They can access the device info and yet publish their content in FL 2.0 players. The only catch being that the device has to be FL 3.1 compatible.