International Mobile phone major Sony Ericsson published an update to the Flash Lite 2.0 Developers’ Guidelines.
The optimization guidelines appendix presents advice, screenshots and code snippets in the following sections:
- Memory management
- Image rendering optimization
- Optimizing animations
- Placing objects on the screen
- ActionScript and some common pitfalls
- Working with symbols
- Working with text
- Limitations with regard to the display area
- Keeping content clean and tight
- Other optimization tips
Sony Ericsson published the first getting started tutorial for Project Caphucin which outlines how the Project Capuchin API can be used as a bridge between Java™ ME Platform and Adobe® Flash Lite™. This tutorial contains four example applications, with implementation instructions, screenshots and code, to try:
ActionScript for clock hands rotation.
- packaging Flash Lite in a MIDlet – Clock example
- data transfer mechanisms – HelloWorld example
- Flash animation as a UI presenting data from a Java service layer – Tasklist example
- Flash UI communication with Java both via data requests and handling events – StepCounter example
You’ll also find an architecture overview, FAQ section and appendix presenting how to set up a Java ME environment for Project Capuchin using new Project Capuchin Basic APIs.